Last weekend was dreary. We got a lot of rain from Hurricane Nate – nothing too crazy happened here, though. No wind like the forecast suggested, thankfully. But I digress.
What else is there to do on a rainy day than to clean and cook?
The first thing I did Saturday morning was bake a cake. It’s easily the best cake I’ve ever made. We devoured it and it was gone by Monday evening.
In case you need proof, 👆🏼 that was Saturday evening.
It will knock your clothes off… I’m making it again this weekend. At this rate we’ll be 80 pounds heavier by Christmas.
What you need:
- One box yellow cake mix
- 1 bottle caramel syrup
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped cream
- 1 king size Butterfinger
- Bake the cake as directed. Let cool completely, approximately 30 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke several holes in the cake.
- In a separate bowl, mix condensed milk and half your bottle of caramel syrup, approximately 12 ounces. Pour mixture into the holes of the cake and over entire top of cake.
- Top cake generously with whipped cream.
- Using a rolling pin, crush butterfinger in its wrapper. Empty into a bowl and shake over top of cake.
- Drizzle with caramel syrup.
- Chill for an hour or so.
I plan on making one to take to work soon… the only problem is knowing it’s in the refrigerator not being eaten. 🤦🏻♀️ I will say this: this cake is sweet. Super yummy. But super sweet.
If y’all try it let me know!
I’m at home with a sick boy today, so I’m hoping to get the other two recipes up that I promised y’all!