Let me preface this post by saying this: I don’t like pot roast. However, I have seen this recipe circulating around a lot lately and after actually reading it, I can’t help but assume that it would taste amazing. It smells incredible and it’s so tender that it literally falls apart.
What you need:
- 3 lb Chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (or butter)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package au jus mix
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 stick salted butter
- Peperoncini peppers
- Heat a skillet on high and add olive oil or butter.
- Dry roast with a paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper and sear roast on each side for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Move roast to crock pot and top with au jus mix and ranch mix.
- Place the stick of butter in the center of the roast and surround it with peppers.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred with a fork and serve on top of mashed potatoes, using the juices as gravy.
The juices from the roast mix with the au jus and butter for the tangiest, most delectable gravy! I layer my plate with a piece of bread on bottom, mashed potatoes on top of that, roast on top of that and gravy on top of that.
You may need to secure the peppers with toothpicks.