Let me preface this post by saying this: I don’t like pot roast. However, I have seen this recipe circulating around a lot lately and after actually reading it, I can’t help but assume that it would taste amazing. It smells incredible and it’s so tender that it literally falls apart.
- 3 lb Chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package au jus mix
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 stick salted butter
- Peperoncini peppers
- Heat a skillet on high and add olive oil.
- Dry roast with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Seer roast on each side for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Move roast to crock pot and top with au jus mix and ranch mix.
- Place the stick of butter in the center of the roast and surround it with peppers.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred with a fork and serve on top of mashed potatoes, using the juices as gravy.
You may need to secure the peppers with toothpicks.