Alright, so this meatloaf recipe started as a mistake. A while back, I had been searching for a good meatloaf recipe and when I finally found it, I screwed it up. Some of the ingredients were supposed to be used for the topping, but I wasn’t paying attention and added all the ingredients. It turned out nothing short of phenomenal. I have made some adjustments to it over time to make it mine, and it’s wonderful. I even use this recipe to make hamburgers!
Servings: 4 Difficulty: low
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dried Italian bread crumbs
- 2 heaping tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Onion powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Put the mixture in a glass dish or foil lined baking pan, and mold it into a loaf
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until inside is no longer pink
I always serve this with my must-have green beans, and mashed potatoes. Get my green bean recipe here.