Most days during the week around 3 in the afternoon, I start trying to figure out what to make for supper. Yesterday, I knew I wanted a pasta, but not spaghetti. I also wanted chicken. And cheese. And bacon. Not too particular, right?
What you need:
- 3 cups chicken, pulled apart or cubed
- 1+ cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 – 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup ranch
- bacon bits (real)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil a pot of water and place chicken in it. Cover and cook 25-30 minutes, or until meat is white all the way through.
- When chicken is done, shred and set it aside, but keep the water. Put your noodles in and cook.
- While the noodles cook, mix ranch and buffalo sauce. I stuck with 1/2 a cup buffalo sauce and it was plenty. I may even use a little less next time, but it wasn’t really that spicy.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked noodles, cheese, chicken, and buffalo ranch mixture. Pour into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with more shredded cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
I served garlic butter biscuits with this and the flavors mixed perfectly. I used frozen biscuits and about 5 minutes before they were done, I brushed a melted butter / garlic mixture on top of them. Super yummy!