I feel like I have shared this a million times, but I just can’t help myself from sharing it during the holidays. Deviled eggs are a staple to any holiday meal. But I see so many people asking how to boil eggs properly, or complaining that it takes too long to get the shell off.
I promise you my method works. Try it! Not to mention the fact that they taste incredible.
What you will need:
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
How to get the PERFECT boiled egg:
- Put the eggs in a pot BEFORE boiling water
- Cover the eggs in COLD water, by one inch
- Bring to a ROLLING BOIL
- Once it begins to boil, IMMEDIATELY remove from heat and cover
- Set a timer to EXACTLY 13 minutes and leave them covered
- After the timer goes off, uncover and move pot to the sink, LEAVING THE HOT WATER
- One by one, scoop out the eggs and make a SMALL crack in each (as if you were going to peel it) and RETURN IT TO THE POT
- Run cold water into the pot until it runs all the hot water out
- Time to peel! The shell should come right off.
- Rinse the eggs off
- Cut in half and carefully scrape yolks into a small mixing bowl and break them up
Make the filling:
- Add the mayonnaise, honey mustard, and sugar to the yolks and mix well
- Mix in the salt and pepper to taste (I leave out the salt)
- Put the mixture into a ziploc bag and cut the tip off one corner
- Use ziploc bag to fill eggs with mixture and sprinkle with paprika
- Chill for at least 30 minutes
When I say this recipe is the perfect recipe, I mean this recipe is the perfect recipe. Give it a try and let me know what you think!