Hey y’all! Good grief, it has been a hot minute… but alas, here I am! So much to catch you up on but slowly and surely I will get you there. Let me just say though that I cannot believe we’re already coming to the end of September! But my favorite seasons are coming!! Yay!!
Tonight was one of those nights where Hubby and I try to make deals with each other, trying our damndest to get out of cooking dinner. He was easy this evening… all I had to do was take care of Jase’s bath time and he would take care of supper. What was he going to cook? Hot dogs. Of all things… effing hot dogs.
I pulled out 2 cans of chili, a box of Jiffy cornbread mix and shredded cheese and this is what I made:
It’s probably the easiest (and cheapest) meal I ever make and it’s so super yummy. Eric absolutely refuses to eat any kind of soup when it’s warmer than 65 degrees outside so the fact that I got him to eat this on a 70 degree evening speaks volumes to my cooking abilities. 😉
- Get a 9×9 baking dish and pour in one can of chili. I use chili with beans, but to each his own. Top with shredded cheese.
- Add second can of chili and top with shredded cheese.
- Mix Jiffy cornbread mix according to instructions and pour evenly on top.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the top starts to harden – but BEFORE it starts to brown.
- Poke holes in the cornbread, all the way to the bottom of the dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese starts to brown.
If you want it to knock your pants off, do it my way. If not, do it however the hell you want. However you do it, enjoy it!